Rosslyn Veterinary Centre’s original practice was established around 1955 and was based at 464 Linthorpe Road, moving to “Eglantine Villa” on The Crescent around four to five years later.
Permission was granted to use a downstairs room of the villa for consultations only, so the old coach house and stable block at the back had to be transformed to create a working practice and allow 24-hour provision for patients. From this Rosslyn Veterinary Centre became one of the first practices to gain recognised hospital status from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
After many years Eglantine Villa and part of its ground were sold to make way for a nursing home, and sadly the villa was demolished in the late 1980’s. Around 1990 we became an RCVS accredited Small Animal General Practice instead, retaining that status to this day.
Rosslyn Vets is also a member of the International Cat Care organisation and has achieved the Cat Friendly Clinic Silver Award; awarded to practices that are committed to creating a stress-free environment for our feline friends.
Rosslyn Vets is also a nurse training practice encouraging student veterinary nurses to reach their goal of becoming qualified veterinary nurses.
Our promise is to provide a friendly, compassionate, professional environment and to create an affordable yet first class service. Through continuously updating our knowledge, striving for excellence and working with pet owners, we aim to treat every pet as if it were our own.