Rosslyn Veterinary Centre is an Accredited General Practice.
Accreditations are awarded from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practices that reach and more importantly maintain specific standards, practices are inspected regularly to make sure guidelines are being adhered to.
An accredited practice must meet specific core standards, these include:
- The facilities must be sufficient for the amount and type of work undertaken by the practice, adequate nursing staff who are appropriately trained must be available to maintain high standards of care, the premises and equipment must be clean and well maintained.
- Staff are to undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to make sure their knowledge and skills are current and up to date.
- Medicines must be stored correctly and up to date records must be maintained according to current legislation, all medication must be labelled correctly with clear and concise instructions for owners and dispensed according to pharmacy regulations.
- The practice must meet all health and safety requirements assuring the safety and wellbeing of its, staff, clients and patients at all times.
- 24-hour cover must be provided either by the practice itself or through an emergency service provider.
- All laboratory procedures must be carried out by a suitably qualified person.
- Diagnostic imaging facilities must be available for a full range of patients and health and safety must be strictly adhered to throughout the process.
- The practice must have a system in place for monitoring the outcome of treatments.
- Accurate patient records must be kept and stored confidentially and within the guidelines of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Must have an efficient policy for communicating with clients and looking at feedback.
- Must ensure clients are given a written estimate of costs of treatments and consent for procedures.